Monday, May 5, 2008

Somerville Open Studios

This weekend I ventured over to Somerville Open Studios, very briefly. On Saturday afternoon (late, cold, and rainy) I went over to check out my friend J. D.'s artwork. Here he is standing in front of his spooky woman poster.
<-------------------------------
I decided to buy his "Godzilla vs. Estabrook Elementary School" diorama/ shadowbox. For me, it seems apropos. (If you look closely, you can see Godzilla in the upper right corner).




On Sunday evening, I also meant to go an opening at
True Grounds in Ball Square, Somerville. My worthy acquaintance Asia Kepka was having an opening for her photo series: "Bridget and I." Quite brilliant. I really wanted to see this opening. But I missed all the bad wine and good art during the appointed hours of 6 to 9. Now I'll have to go on some off hour or day to take it all in. Her exhibit runs through May.

-Asia Kepka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cosmic Spirit Goddess,

So, it's official, huh? When I didn't hear from you yesterday I figured you'd changed your mind on Godzilla. I'm thrilled to hear the news. Just let me know when you'd like to get it. Thanks alot...I'm really happy to hear it.

Jonathan