Thursday, March 15, 2007

Grammar Rocks!

Does anyone remember the SchoolHouse Rock?
For those of you that don't know, it was a series of educational cartoons and songs that taught grammar & history facts "in a fun way" to unsuspecting children growing up in the 1970's. Like Sesame Street and the Electric Company, Schoolhouse Rock apparently taught me something... (I know what a noun is)
I guess Schoolhouse Rock continued until the 1980's, and has even been revamped now (in the 90's, 200o's ) on computer software, but by then I was 'too cool' for school.
Still, the Schoolhouse Rock taught me a lot of fun filled facts.

My favorites lines/ cartoons:
"I find it quite interesting, a noun's a person, place or thing..."
"Conjunction, conjunction, what's your function??"
"Lolly, Lolly, Lolly get your adverbs here...."
"I'm just a bill, up on Capitol Hill...."
Check out this old cartoon link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TQByv_xkuc

No comments: