Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The FitBit Tells a Dismal Tale

Last month I bought a fitbit. A fitbit is a nifty little device you can carry around all day, and it calculates your distance traveled, calories burned, steps taken, etc. It also tabulates your sleep, though I've been less consistent with that. You can then download your stats wirelessly to your computer. 

The fibit don't lie, and it ain't pretty.  I am fat, out of shape, mostly sedentary, and not even reaching 50% of the activity I should be. 

I guess it is instructive to get the real facts. Humans are far too delusional when it comes to weight, food intake, activity level, etc. No doubt! I guess the good news is that I can't get any worse. This is my rock bottom, and the only way to go is up. I am motivated to get better results in coming months. I also bought a fitbit aria, a special scale that calculates your weight and BMI, then sends it to your computer. Stay tuned.....


Hi, here are your weekly stats.
2/11/2013 to 2/17/2013
WEEK'S MOST ACTIVE DAY
Mon, Feb 11

WEEK'S LEAST ACTIVE DAY
Tue, Feb 12
TOTAL STEPS
23,254
DAILY AVERAGE
3,322 steps
BEST DAY
5,472 steps

TOTAL DISTANCE
10.61 miles
DAILY AVERAGE
1.52 miles
BEST DAY
2.50
miles

TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED
27
DAILY AVERAGE
5 floors
BEST DAY
7
floors

TOTAL CALS BURNED
15,961
DAILY AVERAGE 2,280 cals BEST DAY 2,570 cals
WEIGHT CHANGE
0.0 lb
LIGHTEST 205.0 lb
HEAVIEST 205.0 lb

AVG SLEEP DURATION
10 hrs 32 min
AVG TIMES AWAKENED
29
AVG TIME TO FALL ASLEEP
0hrs 5min






Last week's badges

1 comment:

26actsofpoetry said...

You've got guts posting this info! Good for you!

And hey, if your lifestyle lends itself to being behind the wheel a lot, it's not your fault that you're not getting your steps in (although I'm kinda surprised that you're not getting more as you walk around school during the day).