Sunday, February 18, 2007

Feline Friends

I've had my two kittens now since September. In the past I've always fancied myself a seasoned feline lover, well versed in kitten care.
But, the little monsters have taken me for a ride and given me a few surprises.
When I think of it, I really haven't been a kitty parent for over 15 years. I even thought to take a course-- "Kitten & Cat Care"-- at the Newton Community Center, or read a book even! I need help!


Here are a few observations/ comments about my feline companions:
Things They Love
1. plastic caps from juice/ cream containers (the round ones with the little loops)
2. boxes
3. shades
4. sitting on top of my computer, with one paw draped lazily over whatever I am trying to read
5. me arriving home
6. looking out the window
Things They Hate
1. coffee grinder
2. me leaving
3. the smell of Ben Gay Medicated Cream

Strange Behaviors1. playing in the toilet (paw splashing & all)
2. depositing their 'kills' (cat toys, caps, string etc.) in their food bowl
3. making low, rumbling staccato 'a-a-ah-a' growling sounds at pigeons.
4. making love to my rabbit fur bomber hat, or leather biker jacket
Nicknames
1. kitty muffins
2. kitty monkeys
3. fur balls


Muffin #1 (Harper Gwendolyn) and Muffin #2 (Willa Rachel)

No comments: