Monday, February 5, 2007

Favorite Cop/ Detective Shows


The Best Detective Show Ever

I love cop/ detective shows. What is it about the gritty reality that zones me out and takes me out of my world?
One would think it would be the opposite. Reality?? Helping you escape????
But situational comedies do not help me escape. The inane plots, one dimensional characters, canned laughter, and outright stupidity of the dialogue irritates me.
With cop episodes, the characters and plots are just 'real' enough to be believable. At the same time I know I'm watching a show. (& the people have much bigger problems than me)
Below are my top 12 cop/ detective shows. IF I were to pick two or three that are the greatest, I would recommend 1. Homicide: Life on the Street, 2. Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren), and 3. Inspector Morse.

TOP COP SHOWS
1. Cagney & Lacey
2. Inspector Morse Series (PBS)
3. Prime Suspect Series (PBS)
4. Homicide: Life on the Street
5. Law & Order
6. CSI
7. NYPD Blue
8. The Wire
9. The Shield
10. Forensic Files
11. Third Watch
12. Adam Dalgliesh (PBS)
Many are available on DVD. Happy watching!

"Christine!!!"

No comments: