Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I am not a psychopath

In my humble opinion, I'm gratified and not surprised that I am not a psychopath. It probably would contradict everything I've ever done in my life, and all the jobs I've ever toiled away at.Not to mention it would contradict the core of my being, and the principles I live by. 

 

Lately there has been much renewed interest and rethinking of the term psychopath. A few new books published lately, including The Wisdom of the Psychopaths by Kevin Dutton, and The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry by Jon Ronson, have sought to examine the topic. I have not read these books, so I proceed with caution, but I think the message is that not all psychopaths are crazed killers. Some psychopathic traits- utter charm, ruthlessness, manipulation, narcissism, boldness, can be channeled into certain acceptable societal roles. In other words, the psychopaths walk amongst us. They are your ruthless car salesmen, CEOs, motorcycle stunt drivers, politicians, corporate lawyers, stock traders, and brain surgeons. I guess it would make sense that all traits are measured in degrees.

 

Your Psychopath Challenge score is low:
10 out of a possible 33

Take the test by clicking below... 

Should you be worried? Find out more...

No comments: