Monday, June 22, 2009

Cleaning Out the Rafters

I helped my friend Steph in her attic yesterday. I painted while she went through boxes and purged. I don't know if I was much help when I kept saying, every 10 minutes, "Oh, you've got to keep that." Two of the items for keeping included the following, a Cordomatic Clothesline Reel from the 50's, 60's, and a Sheffield cigar/flask holder.

We weren't quite sure what the cigar holder was at first. It's clearly marked, "Sheffield, England," and it has a nifty
Celtic design on the outer shell. After some research, I determined it's probably made of pewter, and the flask is made for a nip of brandy. In the other compartment you put your jumbo cigar. In comparison to others I saw on EBay and other auction sites, my friend's cigar holder might be worth about 165.00. Many of the cigar holders featured did not have the flask, or the Celtic design.

The Cordomatic Clothesline is certainly something Steph will use everyday, as she will the cigar holder.

Seriously, what I loved about the clothesline was its
pristine condition, and its quality. It is made of very solid materials, something you'd never see for a similar item today. It's also this retro turquoise, very 50's.

No comments: