Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Black Cat Collection

Every once in awhile, I go back to browsing on EBay. I have a couple of collective interests, but overall, I'm just too damn cheap. Still, with my recent, delightful, Victor Victorola antique purchase, I was back on EBay wanting more.

I'm wishing to add to my Shafford Japan black cat kitchenware collection. These unique teapots, salt & pepper shakers, creamers, etc.. were made in the 1940's and 1950's. I originally started the collection because one teapot and ashtray I own belonged to my grandmother. Later I was in Maine at a flea market and got four other pieces for 15.00. What a find! Now I'm bidding for some other pieces I do not have, like a marmalade set and cookie jar. Above is part of my collection thus far.

Quite paltry, really, not quite as extensive as the "Black Cat Lady" Collection below.

No comments: