Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Worse Gum, Ever I Chewed Before

This past weekend I went to PTown. Along the way through the afternoon I had a hankering for fresh gum. I ambled into the local Mom and Pop pharmacy. Instead of buying breath freshening Dentyne I got all nostalgic and bought Fruit Stripes. ((After all the pack came with nifty lick-on zebra tattoos))
It should be have been advertised as:
Fruit Cardboard Strips, because I think dear Old Pop probably last stocked the gum in 1972.
My 'fruit' gum was dry, tasteless, & hard as a rock. Oh well.
That got me thinking about gum. Take my dumb-ass poll!

2 comments:

the author said...

Eclipse rules the gum universe IMO. The flavor lasts a long-ass time.

the baron said...

you notice that Beeman's-- the old man's gum--- is not a favorite....