Monday, September 19, 2011

Affirmations I Can LIve With

My friend referred me to a website with a long list of affirmations. In general I usually find affirmations too 'polly-annaish,' and absolute, such as: "I will feel good about myself always." Such a statement just doesn't gel with reality in my book. So I took a few affirmations and edited them, because I think it is valuable to think positively whenever you can manage.

  • I feel worthy.
  • I strive to create positive mental pictures.
  • I embrace positive self-esteem.
  • I have inner resources.
  • I am valuable.
  • I am intelligent.
  • I take actions to improve my life.
  • I am worthy of love and friendship.
  • I strive to accept myself as I am.
  • I strive to say positive things about myself to myself.
  • I am an interesting person.
  • I am proud of my accomplishments.
  • My self worth comes from inside me.
  • I love and approve of myself.
  • I strive to improve myself.
  • I strive to help and appreciate others.
  • I strive to appreciate the positive.
  • I strive to maintain my health.

No comments: