The challenge is to read ONE "to be read" book from your collection each month during 2007. Create a list of 12 books that have been on your TBR List for at least 6 months or more, and then you read one of those twelve books a month from January 1st to December 31st, 2007.
Are YOU up for the challenge?
If you want to 'officially' take the challenge, there's a yahoo group that you can join to report in on your progress. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tbr_challenge/join It's also fun to see what books other people have selected.
Here's My Kitty Approved List, not necessarily in Order. As you can see, I'm not much fiction reader. Only 2 novels made the list:
- Journal of Solitude May Sarton
- Walden Henry David Thoreau
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X Alex Haley
- The Hungry Ocean Linda Greenlaw DONE
- On the Road Jack Kerouac
- In the Shadow of Man Jane Goodall DONE
- An Ordinary Life Transformed Stephanie Rutt DONE
- A Walk in the Woods Bill Bryson
- Speak, Memory Vladimir Nabokov
- The Day the World Came to Town 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland Jim Defede
- Prozac Diary Lauren Slater
- Cold Mountain Charles Frazier