Friday, January 6, 2006

Buddhism, pt. 1

100 Reasons to Embrace Buddhism/Meditation
Of course any book on Buddhism/Meditation would say to have no expectations for meditation. The only reason is 'no reason.' Nevertheless, I managed to come up with 100 reasons, the last of which is: "to find nothing." Seems reasonable enough. Here are the first 25 reasons.
1. to develop self-love
2. to cultivate loving-kindness
3. to find myself
4. to control my thoughts
5. to learn to let go
6. to know my mind
7. to know my thought patterns
8. to learn to breathe
9. to accept my emotions
10.to separate from my ego
11.to learn compassion
12.to find a way to help others
13.to develop an ethics for living
14.to validate my philosophy of life
15.to become wiser
16.to care less about external things
17.to be more calm
18.to be more relaxed
19.to become more centered
20.to lose myself to find myself
21.to change my life
22.to know reality better
23.to live my life as best I can
24.to accept things
25.to develop a more positive outlook

No comments: