Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Buddhism and Psychology

The following books have helped me so much in my life in the past decade. Buddhism, psychology, cognitive therapy..... have been essential discoveries for me. Though I've hardly evolved to where I want, I'm trying! I made a list on Amazon's Listamania!. I love Listamania! Only a bibliophile would know....

Buddhism and Psychology

A Listmania! list by cataylor122
Start Where You Are
1.  Start Where You Are by Pema Chodron


Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
2.  Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson






Radical Acceptance
3.  Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach

 






Toward a Psychology of Awakening: Buddhism, Psychotherapy, and the Path of Personal and Spiritual Transformation
4.  Toward a Psychology of Awakening: Buddhism, Psychotherapy, and the Path of Personal and Spiritual Transformation by John Welwood

 





Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness (Shambhala Classics)
5.  Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness (Shambhala Classics) by Sharon Salzberg





The Wisdom of a Broken Heart
6.  The Wisdom of a Broken Heart by Susan Piver


Real Happiness
7.  Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg


By Susan Piver: How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life: Opening Your Heart to Confidence, Intimacy, and Joy
8.  By Susan Piver: How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life: Opening Your Heart to Confidence, Intimacy, and Joy






No comments: