One of the recommendations of the "Authentic Happiness" website for cultivating happiness is to keep a gratitude journal. It is best to write everyday, (you can see by the cover that was my original intention) but my daily gratitude journal became the 10x a year gratitude journal. Better than nothing.
I'm glad I don't have any six inch leeches lodged anywhere either. But other than that, what have I been grateful about over the years? I started my journal on March 20th, 2004, and have written numerous entries up to the present. Here are a few selections from the recent past. To protect the innocent, I will just put the initials of parties unknown.
- I grateful for my two kitties (H.K. and W.K.)
- I'm grateful I'm going to Zion National Park.
- I'm grateful ER is making me dessert this Sunday.
- I'm grateful for my friends.
- I'm grateful for chocolate.
- I'm grateful for the surprise send-off my friends threw me today.
- I am grateful I'm making some extra money working at BJ's.
- I'm grateful I got some chores done.
- I'm grateful that I traveled and hiked in safety, and so didn't my teammates.
- I'm grateful the sun is out.
- I'm grateful I started writing on my blog again.
- I am grateful for GoodReads.
- I am grateful that I seem to be doing better with my thinking.
- I'm grateful for good Indian food and dinner tonight with MK.
- I am grateful that I have a job that's secure and uses my skills.