Friday, October 12, 2007

The Three Stooges

I hated the 3 Stooges in 5th grade. That's all the boys would talk about each day. The girls all rolled their eyes, even me. It was, "Sooooo stupid." There's definitely some brain and/or developmental gap between girls and boys at this age. I can attest to this fact, after some years of experience being around 5th, 6th graders.

I didn't get to appreciate the 3 Stooges until much later in life. Now I find a place where, for 10 minutes or so, the world can be a very silly place where pies are thrown and proper ladies lose face (literally). How many times did one of the 3 Stooges get to say, "Why you........."

Here below is a classic slap-stick comedy scene--- the pie fight. It proves there IS a perfect moment to throw a pie.

Hail to the 3 Stooges-- American icons. Their comedy provided solace to Depression Era and World War II America, and then, in re-runs, generations of younger Americans.

No comments: