Thursday, December 4, 2008

3 Glorious Cello Pieces

I love the cello, and since September I've been taking an absolute beginner's class. When I can't even play 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,' it's amazing to see Yo Yo Ma and Jacqueline du Pre play.

Below are 3 pieces I think are sublime. Actually, I found out the third piece features the viola
da gamba, not the cello. I still included it, though, because I love it.

Tuesday I will be participating in my final cello class for the semester. We will put on a mini concert, and have some drinks and snacks. Our teacher will also be playing for us. If any friends want to come, they are welcome.


1. Yo-Yo Ma "Prelude -Bach's Cello Suite No. 1"


2. Jacqueline du Pre "Elgar, Cello Concerto in E minor, opus 85 1st mov."



3. Marin Marais "Sonnerie de Sainte-Genvieve du Mont-de-Paris"

No comments: